One of the best UK city breaks we ever took was a quick two night trip to Oxford.
Most well-known for its prestigious university, the city is home to 38 colleges but much more, aside from the beautiful architecture of the college buildings, here are five things not to miss.
- Whether you choose to explore on foot or take a cycling tour of the city, a welcome break can be found in the form of high tea at the gorgeous Randolph Hotel
- Head to Magdalene Bridge Boathouse and rent a boat to go punting along the river – or have a more experienced boater take you on a tour of the waterways!
- Turrill Sculpture Garden is a sprawling public garden, perfect for a picnic or a wander round the sculptures on display. The exhibits change throughout the year so it’s worth a repeat visit
- Alice’s Shop, a huge part in the story of Alice in Wonderland, is located just across the road from Alice’s childhood home. Once a sweet shop, it now sells a whole variety of treats and gifts
- For the most unique place to lay your head, check out Malmaison Oxford at Oxford Castle. Now a boutique hotel, the luxurious rooms are housed half in a new extension and half in an old prison building