Barcelona is one of my top city break destinations with some of the best architecture you’ll see in Europe – but there is so much more to the Spanish city than the usual tourist hot spots.
Here are my top five tips for Barcelona if you’re short on time:
- Swap La Rambla for Carrer Blai and have some of the yummiest and best value tapas in the city
- El Carmel – climb the hill to Bunkers Del Carmel for amazing views across the city
- Antoni Gaudí’s Parc Güell – dress prepared as there are several walking tracks off the park that are worth exploring (and the 42 acre park itself is up a hill!
- Skip Sagrada Familia for Palau Macaya – a beautiful Modernist palace which hosts art exhibitions and free cinema screenings
- The Gothic Quarter is great for a morning of wandering aimlessly and coffee on the terrace of one of the many, many cosy cafes. And despite being a little bit touristy, it’s still a great spot for getting those instagram shots!