Although the main contents of your suitcase change depending on the destination and type of trip you’re about to take, the toiletries you’ll need are likely to be similar each time.
Over the past year I’ve travelled a lot, mostly for work, which means you know that your time will be limited on the other end of the flight and being organised is key! It’s also important to make sure you have with you everything you might need, when you’re at home it might be just a case of popping to the nearest shop but in another country it might be harder than that!
To get around this, I put together a travel case with literally everything I might ever need – in miniature form so that I can take it in my hand luggage for quick access in and out of the airport.
The toiletries bag I use is a shiny black wipe clean bag from asos. It’s quite old now so sold out but there are lots of similar ones on asos or at muji. It zips up with a heavy duty zip meaning you can pack it full to the brim and it has to main compartments, one on each side – I tend to put makeup in one and toiletries in the other.
What’s inside? Most of the below are mini versions of the product so that I can take every item I need but not be weighed down with too much luggage – all liquids are below 100ml so that I can take them in my hand luggage.
- Smashbox Full Exposure mini eyeshadow palette
- Mini Tweezerman tweezers
- Mini Bobbi Brown foundation
- Beauty blender
- Mini Benefit They’re Real Mascara
- Nivea raspberry rose lip balm
- Mini Smashbox primer
- Collection concealer
- Mini Chanel Chance perfume
- Mini Soap and Glory Shampoo
- Mini Urban Decay setting spray
- Mini Body Shop shower gel
- Sleep mask
- Mini Elemis facial day moisturiser
- Mini toothbrush and toothpaste
- Mini nivea spray deodorant
- Mini Clinique face wash, toner and moisturiser (use at night)
- Neutrogena deep clean face wipes
- Optrex refreshing eye drops
- Mini gilette razor
- Wet wipes