Last month we were given some vouchers for a stay at the new Four Seasons Resort at Jumeirah Beach in Dubai.
We went down for a weekend of much needed rest and relaxation – and high expectations as Four Seasons is one of our favourite hotel brands and we’ve had great stays at other properties in the past.
All in all it was a mixed stay and I’m not sure I would rush back, especially given the price tag and more importantly – the huge selection of hotels you can choose from in Dubai.
What was good?
- The design of the hotel is beautiful, as you would expect – lots of kodak moments as you’ll see from the pictures below!
- The pools are lovely, there are two – one for families and one for adults only and both feature an infinity edge for beach and sea views
- The food. Firstly the breakfast spread was pretty impressive! For someone who doesn’t eat eggs or a cooked breakfast my options are usually limited to cereal and some sad looking fruit. At FS Dubai, I would have quite happily had my three meals a day in the breakfast room! We also had an amazing dinner at Sea Fu – I’ll do a separate post on that soon!
And the not so good?
- Our room was right above the valet and carpark for the restaurant complex across the way, if you decide to stay at this hotel, make sure your room faces the sea to avoid noise until the early hours!
- Service was very inconsistent – in the restaurants it was great and everyone was very friendly. On the front desk there seemed to be confusion, you got handed over to various members of staff and had to repeat what it was you were asking for etc… not great!