One of my favourite places in the UK is Bristol.
Luckily my mum now lives about 30mins away so we often go for the day when I visit her. It’s the perfect combination of the charm and individual business (shops, coffee shops, bakeries etc…) of a small town and all the conveniences of a city.
It’s also much cleaner and more peaceful than cities such as London, Manchester etc…
Top Bristol highlights:
1. River Avon and boat tours: If you like being on the water (I DO!) and have a limited amount of time this is a great way to get an overall feel of Bristol.
2. Clifton: Clifton still has a village feel and is great for browsing boutiques for art or jewellery.
3. Cabot Circus: Perfect for a shopping trip with umpteen coffees thrown in for good measure! You’ll find everything from your high street brands to Harvey Nicholls.
4. Markets: Temple Quay Market and St Nicholas Market (Bristol’s oldest market) offer a huge range of fresh and local produce so both great for a quick bite to eat – everything from Jamaican patties to Thai curry to handmade falafel and with food to take away including tempting home made cakes, chilli sauces, artisan breads and cheeses, handmade chocolates, chutney and marmalades, hearty pies and much more!
5. Bristol Zoo: This was really more of a nostalgic addition as I remember going to the Zoo every summer as a child!